Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Vacation from Vacation: PHUKET!


Ok, next big event would be Phuket! We finally had our long awaited vacation and it was well needed and well loved. If I come back to Thailand, which I really hope happens, I will be hanging out on the South beaches. We flew to Phuket for a week of relaxation and fun. We first stayed at Patong Beach. Multiple people warned us about Patong and said to steer clear because it was a party beach and blah blah blah. Sometimes I really hate people, and there is a reason I don’t listen to anyone. PATONG WAS BEAUTIFUL! We stayed at a cute hotel, above a Subway, right across the street from the beach. We rented little beach chairs with umbrellas, ate mangos all day, and played in the clear warm water. I’ve never been in a prettier ocean setting. 


Aside from relaxing on the beach, we ate lots and lots of food. Patong has every type of cuisine imaginable all within a ½ mile radius. I had the best Italian food of my entire life…in Thailand.
 One night Charlotte and I decided to brave it out, and see why Patong has the reputation that it does. We rounded the corner we had never rounded before and BAM it was the Las Vegas strip all crammed together. We went into a dance club called Seduction. It was actually pretty fun and we met lots of Australian boys. That was good enough for me. After a few days on Patong we took a boat ride out to Phi-Phi Island and went snorkeling. I feel like I’m over using the word beautiful, but it was beautiful! It was my first time snorkeling and it was so fun seeing all the blue and yellow fish swimming right up to my face. Aside from a few rude French ladies, Phi-Phi was a success. 


For the second half of our vacation we hit up Kata beach and stayed at the Rick N’ Roll hostel. Kata beach was very quiet and a more relaxing atmosphere. The hostel has great food and lots of karaoke so we were entertained enough. 

On Halloween, Jessi, Charlotte and I headed to the ocean really late at night and the waves were huge! It was the first time we had even seen waves out during our trip. There was only one choice: get in the water. We hadn’t brought our swimsuits, which left us with only one option: get in the water naked. Which we did and it was fun. Don’t worry there were no onlookers, just 3 girls playing in the waves of Thailand. 

The rest of our trip consisted of lying on the beach, eating, and shopping. It is so fun to meet people from all over the world and hear stories of how they got to be there. Taking a vacation from vacation is always needed, right? 


Me in a fish spa! Had to share. 


No comments:

Post a Comment